As a leading firm of professional trustees, Dalriada Trustees has an excellent opportunity for a consultant. This individual will perform a consulting role supporting our experienced team in delivering effective trusteeship and consulting services. The role will predominantly be Dalriada focused but will also involve supporting Spence & Partners Limited (Spence), a firm of consulting actuaries and administrators in the delivery of client management and other consulting services.
This role will be attractive to a pensions professional who has the ability to enhance and support the continued development of our successful trusteeship business.
You will be able to deliver excellent trusteeship services for which Dalriada is known, and to support the further development of our portfolio of appointments.
We are looking for a self motivated individual who is eager to work hard and make an impact. With key industry and technical knowledge, this individual should understand and be able to demonstrate the importance of building and maintaining relationships with our clients, whilst building a network of new business opportunities and converting them to real business. The successful candidate should have the capability to work independently and work collaboratively with colleagues across a multi site business, to ensure the timely and high quality delivery to our clients.
You will have the drive and ambition to meet targets of chargeable hours, expectations of colleagues and clients and seek to continually improve and expand our offering.
Dalriada is an independent trustee firm, and part of an integrated group of privately owned companies that includes Spence & Partners Ltd, Veratta and Pensions Hosting Company Ltd, a pension software provider. Since our inception we have had a particular focus on providing trusteeship services to schemes with complex backgrounds – for example, those sponsored by employers in financial distress/engaged in wind-up/PPF assessment and have built a portfolio of over 100 appointments.
The business is based on a culture which aims to provide all of our clients with a high-quality professional service through strong personal relationships. We take a hands-on approach to the role of trustee, developing innovative solutions. We operate from offices in Belfast, Glasgow, Bristol, Manchester, Birmingham and London and have clients throughout the UK and Ireland.
- An experienced pension professional with five yrs+ broad industry background gained in either pension administration/actuarial/trusteeship and or pension consultancy practices.
- Broad understanding of pension trusteeship, with significant knowledge of developing/current pension industry issues.
- Knowledge and experience of the Pension Protection Fund (PPF) and the Financial Assistance Scheme (FAS) guidance, processes and procedures, in addition to The Pensions Regulator (TPR) guidance.
- Able to demonstrate deep technical understanding of pension legislation, regulations and other relevant legislation, codes of practice, including scheme management and compliance, best practice guides and a thorough knowledge of defined benefit and defined contribution schemes.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to articulate technical points into lay-mans terms.
- Excellent project and budget management skills.
- Evidence/Portfolio of client management responsibilities.
- An individual who can demonstrate the broad spectrum of our competencies.
Working towards or successfully completed a relevant Professional Qualification (PMI, Actuarial).
Behavioural competencies for the role
Inspiring Leadership, Strategic Thinking, Impacting & Influencing, Client Engagement, Collaborative Working, Problem Solving, Planned Approach, Professional Approach.
All individuals are expected to meet the above competencies and be able to evidence how they meet each of them in their role.
The remuneration for the role will be a market competitive rate that reflects the skills and expertise of the job holder.
The role holder will be required to work across the United Kingdom and will be expected to travel.
Our working hours are 37.5 hours a week with the requirement to work additional hours as and when required and to facilitate travelling.
Full Flexible benefits package available.
There is a three month probationary period from commencement of employment. As part of the pre-hire process the successful candidate will be subject to reference checking security vetting.