As a leading firm of professional trustees, our sister company Dalriada Trustees has an excellent opportunity for a Project Manager. Reporting to the Programme Manager, this individual will perform a project management role supporting our businesses in projects as we grow and change for the future.
This role will be attractive to a project manager who has the ability to enhance and support the continued development of our successful businesses. You will be a professional project manager, able to support our businesses and staff through change. We are looking for a self motivated individual who is eager to work hard and make an impact. With an exceptional track record of delivery of key projects, you will understand and be able to demonstrate the importance of quality delivery.
The successful candidate should have the capability to work collaboratively with colleagues across a multi site business, to ensure the timely and high quality delivery of our projects. You will have the drive and ambition to meet the expectations of senior management, project teams, delivering across multiple projects, as well as keeping to project timescales and budgets. You will also have exceptional negotiation and influencing skills to engage individuals at all levels in our businesses.
We are an award winning, integrated group of privately owned companies which includes Dalriada Trustees Limited, Spence & Partners Ltd, Veratta and Pensions Hosting Company Ltd (a pension software provider). Since our inception we have had a particular focus on providing trusteeship services to schemes with complex backgrounds – for example, schemes where Dalriada have been appointed under special powers by the Pensions Regulator, those sponsored by employers in financial distress/engaged in wind-up/PPF assessment and have built a portfolio of over 100 appointments.
The business is based on a culture which aims to provide all of our clients with a high-quality professional service through strong personal relationships. We take a hands-on approach to the role of client management by developing innovative solutions. We operate from offices in Belfast, Glasgow, Bristol, Manchester, London, Leeds and Birmingham and have clients throughout the UK and Ireland.
This individual will be responsible for the successful management and completion of a variety of projects, as well as the realisation of benefits for the businesses. They will be responsible for the production of plans, monitoring of delivery against plans and agreed budgets, regular reporting and assurance to boards, as well as project team management, where applicable. They will also manage the expectations of key stakeholders, including company boards, client management teams and project teams.
- To be able to clearly articulate the objectives and business need for the projects to internal and external stakeholders.
- To make continuous improvement a priority.
- Having a clear and demonstrable understanding of project management principles with experience in successfully advancing those principles.
- To engage in any activity that furthers the success of our businesses.
- Proactively identifying and resolving issues which threaten successful delivery;
- Ability to problem solve in often complex and difficult situations. Applying adaptability and flexibility to ensure delivery and not being put off by change;
- Initiating, controlling and closing projects;
- Delivering projects within agreed budget, time and quality parameters;
- Demonstrating clear understanding of the business requirements for each project, making ongoing decisions based on what’s best for the business, challenging senior stakeholders
on critical success factors if needed;
- Managing all commercial aspects of the project, including effective change control of requirements, deadlines and effort;
- Managing resources in line with the parameters set by our Operations Executive and with budgeted effort;
- Ensuring there is an adequate understanding, communication and management of the business risks inherent in the projects.
Governance and control
- Establish and coordinate effective structures to provide direction and support to resolve issues where necessary;
- Establish systems and processes for planning, governance, reporting, communication, and monitor budgets to ensure delivery to quality, time and cost requirements;
- Monitor and report on key issues, progress, risks, budgets, issues to all relevant internal and external parties, developing effective reporting mechanisms;
- Liaise with and manage relationship with external stakeholders,;
- Monitor effectiveness (cost and delivery) of external advisers and,
- Responsibility for billing, monitoring and settlement of all costs internal and external.
- Identify key stakeholders and build and manage relationships with them.;
- Ensure communication and engagement plans are in place to support the design of projects, as well as buy in to them.
- Collaborate with and build relationships within the Group companies and third party suppliers;
- Apply influence to any non confirming external parties to ensure the delivery of the role and project and,
- Work with relevant colleagues and third parties to determine priority tasks. Offer proactive support to non-project management specialists with responsibilities for managing projects.
- Three years + relevant experience in a similar role
- Experience of successfully completing the entire project lifecycle, from inception to implementation
- Experience of managing change to ensure the realisation of benefits
- Ability to support and advise a cross functional team to deliver successfully
- Track record of delivering to time, quality and budget
- Experience in client facing work
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Able to articulate complex messages with clarity and ease to all audiences in both written and oral form
- Clear understanding of risk and risk appetites
- Strong commercial awareness, including change management
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Ability to cope with high demand requirements of stakeholders
- Logical, innovative, methodical, collaborative and thorough approach to work
- Expertise in making project level decisions and implement operational plans
- Collaborative team player who can influence outcomes as well as work independently.
- Prince 2 Practitioner and/or Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or equivalent
- Experience of Agile development methodologies
- Financial services background
- Project Management Office (PMO) background
Behavioural competencies for the roleProblem Solving, Credibility, Communication, Client engagement, Leadership, Continuous Learning, Adaptability/Drive.
All individuals are expected to meet the above competencies and be able to evidence how they meet each of them in their role.
The remuneration for the role will be a market competitive rate that reflects the skills and expertise of the job holder.
The role holder may be required to work across the United Kingdom and will be expected to travel. Our working hours are 37.5 hours a week with the requirement to work additional hours as and when required and to facilitate travelling.
Full Flexible benefits package available.
There is a six month probationary period from commencement of employment. As part of the pre-hire process the successful candidate will be subject to reference checking security vetting.
Dalriada Trustee Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.