Dalriada Trustees is a professional independent trustee company and is part of a group of businesses in the pensions industry. The group has and continues to experience strong organic growth and is keen to build stronger relationships with industry participants and public bodies.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to use your well established relationship management skills and experience.
As Manager of Strategic Relationships, you will transform the way we manage our relationships and help us to deliver our ambitious strategies for continued growth. Our belief is that to remain relevant everyone needs some element of client exposure so we would expect a portion of time to be devoted to client matters (trusteeship), mainly at a strategic level. The precise workload would depend on the professional interests and experience of the role holder.
Supported by pensions professionals, our dedicated marketing team and an outsourced PR agency, you will work with a variety of colleagues to manage and further develop partner engagement activities, identify opportunities for improving our relationships, and develop an in-depth understanding of mutual issues, agendas and goals.
This interesting role in a complex, fast-paced environment will see you providing strategic advice, evaluating the health of our major relationships and managing the creation of development plans, and overseeing the production of regular briefings and updates using our CRM system.
You will develop a high personal profile in the industry. Dalriada is committed to diversity, inclusion and in accordance with our duty to act in the best long-term interests of our beneficiaries we believe that environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG) issues can affect the performance of investment portfolios. These principles may also better align investors with broader objectives of society. Where consistent with our fiduciary responsibilities we will place ESG matters to the fore (see the UN supported Principles for Responsible Investment). Whilst we welcome challenge the role holder must be reasonably well aligned with us in this respect.
You will have external affairs experience and have had some element of hands on technical professional experience in the pensions industry. You must be an excellent communicator who can connect with people at all levels.
You work in a structured and organised way, planning for the medium to long term, ensuring your existing relationships are regularly reviewed, planned for and are always thinking ahead as to how you can help to grow the business and add mutual value.
As we enter new markets you will take the lead in developing relationships to support this, owning the relationships and taking full responsibility for their ongoing account management and development. You’ll have experience of working with different internal teams to do this successfully. Commercially astute, you understand the key drivers for earnings and revenue – and ensure you meet and exceed targets, that margins and contractual negotiations are sound, and track performance of contracts, taking necessary action where required.
- Identify potential partner organisations and proactively engage with them.
- Develop relationships with TPR, PPF, UK and regional governments
- Manage established relationships with pensions industry partners.
- Develop strategic plans to maximise opportunities for us from engagement with relationships.
- Possess and demonstrate a sincere appreciation for the value of partnerships with internal stakeholders and partners.
- Live, breath and share your in-depth knowledge of the pensions industry.
- Demonstrate a passion to embrace and immerse yourself in our business models and employee engagement initiatives.
- Participation and leading of both internal and external networking events, trade-shows and seminars will be important.
- Contribution to the management of our PR effort through an external agency.
- Support our Head of Marketing in aligning the marketing effort towards the strategic goals.
- Either a graduate or professionally qualified in a relevant discipline.
- High personal credibility and the potential to have a high industry profile.
- 5+ years of business development and partnership experience.
- Excellent communications skills, natural collaborator, ability to develop rapport and credibility across the organisation and externally and promote ideas persuasively.
- Experience of working to a fast pace.
- Excellent track record of delivering results.
- A proven relationship builder who can foster partnership and collaboration with all levels of our organisations and their partners.
- Excellent negotiation skills, with a proven track record of closing agreements on mutually favourable terms; strong aptitude working within a financial services regulated environment.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task with excellent follow through and execution skills.
- Detail-oriented and possessing strong organisational skills, with the ability to quickly gather and synthesize information across many aspects of the business.
- An all-around professional with exceptional communication, organisational and time management skills, and the flexibility to adapt quickly to change.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Behavioural Competencies for the Role
Inspiring Leadership, Strategic Thinking, Impacting & Influencing, Client Engagement, Collaborative Working, Problem Solving, Planned Approach, Professional Approach All individuals are expected to meet the above competencies and be able to evidence how they meet each of them in their role.
The remuneration for the role will be a market competitive rate that reflects the skills and expertise of the job holder.
The role holder will be required to work across the United Kingdom and will be expected to travel.
Our working hours are 37.5 hours a week with the requirement to work additional hours as and when required and to facilitate travelling.
Full Flexible benefits package available.
As part of the pre-hire process the successful candidate will be subject to reference checking security vetting.
Dalriada Trustee Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.