Role Location: London
As a leading firm of professional trustees we have an excellent opportunity for an experienced consultant to build our presence in London. The role will be predominantly Dalriada focused but could involve supporting Dalriada’s sister company Spence & Partners Limited (Spence), a firm of consulting actuaries and administrators in the delivery of client management and other consulting services.
This role will be attractive to an experienced pensions professional who wishes to develop their ability to deliver excellent trusteeship services for which Dalriada is known, and to support the further development of our portfolio of appointments. We are looking for a self motivated individual who is eager to work hard and make an impact and who has built an excellent reputation in the industry. With key industry and technical knowledge, these individuals should understand and be able to demonstrate the importance of building and maintaining relationships with our clients, whilst building a network of new business opportunities and converting them to real business. The successful candidate will be expected to work with our senior trustee representatives on a range of trusteeship appointments and grow in the role as a trustee in their own right. Candidates should have the capability to work independently and collaboratively with colleagues across a multi site business, to ensure timely and high quality delivery to our clients.
We are an award winning independent trustee firm, and part of an integrated group of privately owned companies that includes Spence & Partners Ltd and The Pensions Hosting Company Ltd, a pension software provider. Since our inception we have had a particular focus on providing trusteeship services to schemes with complex backgrounds – for example, those sponsored by employers in financial distress/engaged in wind-up/PPF assessment and have built a portfolio of well over 100 trustee appointments.
The business is based on a culture which aims to provide all of our clients with a high-quality professional service through strong personal relationships. We take a hands-on approach to the role of trustee, developing innovative solutions. We operate from offices in Belfast, Glasgow, Bristol, Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds and London and have clients throughout the UK.
- An experienced pension professional with a solid industry background
- Full understanding of pension trusteeship and the work that Dalriada does, with significant knowledge of developing/ current pension industry issues
- Able to demonstrate deep technical understanding of pension legislation, regulations and other relevant legislation, codes of practice, including scheme management and compliance, best practice guides and a thorough knowledge of defined benefit and defined contribution schemes
- Ability to learn from senior team members
- Excellent project and budget management skills
- Evidence of client management responsibility and ability to progress with multiple strands of activity
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to articulate technical points into lay terms
- Experience of new business activity is desirable but not essential
Essential Educational Background and Qualifications
- Degree Educated and preferably Associate or Fellow Member of the Pensions Management Institute (APMI/FPMI) or considered equivalent post qualification
Desirable Educational Background and Qualifications
- Attainment of the Pensions Regulators Trustee toolkit
Essential Professional Experience
- Strong general pensions knowledge including deep technical understanding of all aspects of pension legislation, regulations and other relevant legislation, codes of practice, including scheme management and compliance, best practice guides and a thorough knowledge of defined benefit and defined contribution schemes, including interpretation of scheme rules.
- Proven track record of delivering in management roles with high levels of responsibility including significant project management exposure.
- Broad understanding of pension trusteeship, with significant knowledge of developing/current pension industry issues.
- Knowledge and experience of the Pension Protection Fund (PPF) and the Financial Assistance Scheme (FAS) guidance, processes and procedures, in addition to The Pensions Regulator (tPR) guidance.
- Use of computerised systems e.g. Microsoft Office products; in particular Excel, Word and PowerPoint; and the ability to learn and utilise bespoke systems and procedures.
Desirable Professional Experience
- Recent experience in a role which specifically included occupational pension scheme responsibilities.
- Preferably significant trustee experience i.e. gained through acting as a trustee, scheme secretary, adviser to a Trustee Board or where a significant part of role was dealing with trustee matters.
Behavioural competencies for the role
- Willing to learn
- Strategic Thinking
- Impacting & Influencing
- Client Engagement
- Collaborative Working
- Problem Solving
- Planned Approach
- Professional Approach
The remuneration for the role will be a market competitive rate that reflects the skills and expertise of the job holder. Please contact Orla Parkin, HR Manager if you would like more information on the salary and benefits for this role.
The role holder will be required to work across the United Kingdom and will be expected to travel.
Our working hours are 37.5 hours a week with the requirement to work additional hours as and when required and to facilitate travelling.
Full Flexible benefits package available.
As part of the pre-hire process the successful candidate will be subject to reference checking security vetting.
The successful candidate will be subject to a six month probation period.
Due to the changing nature of our business the role profile will inevitably change. We therefore recognise that from time to time, you will be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities, as directed by the Board.